Welcome to the Bay District HR Portal
The Bay District Schools Human Resources Department is responsible for the recruitment
and retention of highly effective teachers, administrators, and staff for all schools
and District Programs. We serve the personnel needs of instructional, support and
administrative employees of Bay District Schools. We are responsible for recruitment and selection, labor and contractual relations,
performance management, training and development, employee communication and legal compliance.
Our purpose is to be sure that Bay District provides highly qualified staff members
who help students learn, grow, and reach their greatest potential.
This site is designed to assist our employees gain information regarding the many
aspects of their employment with Bay District Schools.
For those staff members who have insurance benefits with Bay District Schools:
- Qualifying events must be reported and documentation completed within 30
calendar days of the event.
These changes could affect eligibility for insurance coverage if you forget to notify us! Changes
should be done in the Insurance department which is located in room 228 of the District office.
Report all changes in person to the Payroll Office. We must provide this information to our insurance
carriers within thirty (30) days of the change so coverage will not be affected and continue uninterrupted.
Examples of qualifing events include:
- Birth of a child
- Change of dependency status of a child or children
- Adoption or legal Guardianship
- A change in employment status resulting in a gain or loss of other coverage
NOTE: If an eligible subscriber fails to enroll or remove an eligible dependent within the thirty (30)
day limit identified above, the application for coverage will be accepted only during a group open enrollment
period agreed upon by the insurance carrier or as otherwise required by law.
- All employees of Bay District Schools have an opportunity to contribute pre-tax
dollars to Tax Sheltered Annuities
(aka TSA or 403-B)
- A listing of the 403-B approved providers is available from the Employee Benefits area on the District's website.
- If you contributed to a 403-B in another district, contact the 403-B provider to
determine your rollover options